The following list was initially gather on Sept. 28, 2017 but using the “List Plugins” plugin shortcode [list_plugins] put into the “Plugin List” page. That page is a draft, so not for public viewing. The goal is to review all the plugins, add notes to explain the usage of each, and to then remove any unnecessary ones.
Highlighted in yellow means plugin was being used on 2/19/18
Deactivated in Feb. 2018
Deleted in Feb. 2018
List of Plugins
- Akismet Anti-Spam (4.0) by Automattic
- Anti-Malware Security and Brute-Force Firewall (4.17.29) by Eli Scheetz (using but not sure we need it? remove it and see if attacks #s go up – deactivated on 2/20/18)
- Black Studio TinyMCE Widget (2.4.2) by Black Studio
- Broken Link Checker (1.11.5) by Janis Elsts, Vladimir Prelovac
- Catch IDs (1.4.6) by Catch Themes (remove this–though working fine, just not needed – deleted on 2/20/18)
- Code Embed (2.2.2) by David Artiss (word CODE will always be in text code–do deeper search to see if I’m using it? 2/20/18: using it for WaterAid/Firstgiving widget–though that widget is not working at the moment. Emailed for support. Firstgiving no longer offers widget to individual fundraisers. I am almost sure that was the only place I was using this, so I’m deleting it for now. – deleted on 2/22/18. Worked fine, so use again if needed.)
- Comet Cache (170220) by WebSharks, Inc.
- Duplicate Post (3.2) by Enrico Battocchi
- EZ InLinkz linkup (0.18) by Aris Korbetis, InLinkz.com
- Find duplicates (1.4.6) by Markus Seyer (deactivate for now – deactivated on 2/20/18)
- Genesis eNews Extended (2.0.2) by Brandon Kraft (remove – deleted on 2/20/18)
- Genesis Responsive Slider (0.9.5) by StudioPress (remove – deleted on 2/20/18)
- Genesis Simple Edits (2.2.0) by StudioPress
- Genesis Simple Hooks (2.2.0) by Nathan Rice (remove for now – did Steve just use this to add Post Tags? should we not delete after all?)
- Go Daddy Quick Setup (1.04) by GoDaddy.com, LLC
- Google Analytics Dashboard for WP (GADWP) (18.104.22.168) by Alin Marcu
- Google Font Manager (1.1.4) by Thomas S. Butler
- Image Cleanup (1.9.1) by Robbert Langezaal (remove – deleted on 2/20/18)
- Image Teleporter (1.1.7) by Blue Medicine Labs (deactivate for now – deactivated 2/20/18)
- Image Widget (4.4.6) by Modern Tribe, Inc.
- Imsanity (2.3.9) by Shane Bishop
- Jetpack by WordPress.com (5.3) by Automattic
- Limit Login Attempts (1.7.1) by Johan Eenfeldt
- List category posts (0.72) by Fernando Briano
- List Plugins (1.4.4) by SedLex (remove, but it worked fine, so use again when needed – deleted on 2/20/18)
- Meta Slider (3.5.1) by Matcha Labs
- MyBookProgress by Author Media (1.0.4) by Author Media (look at this–remove? Really cool, but not so much on the way I work. Deleted on 2/22/18)
- MyBookTable Bookstore by Author Media (3.0.9) by Author Media
- MyBookTable Professional Upgrade 2.0 (2.2.4) by Author Media
- Nice PayPal Button Lite (1.05.01) by TriniTronic (remove – deleted on 2/20/18)
- Note Press (0.1.7) by datainterlock (remove – deleted on 2/20/18)
- Open external links in a new window (1.3.1) by Kristian Risager Larsen
- Padlet Shortcode (1.3) by Nitesh Goel / Padlet
- Plugins List (2.3.2) by David Artiss (remove – deleted on 2/20/18)
- Pods – Custom Content Types and Fields (2.6.11) by Pods Framework Team
Used to create custom post type “Admin Notes” for storing blog-related technical notes.
- Post Tags and Categories for Pages (1.4.1) by curtismchale (deactivate and see if anything changes with tagging and categorizing posts – deactivated on 2/22/18)
- Quick Featured Images (13.2.2) by Martin Stehle
- Quick Featured Images Pro (8.1) by Martin Stehle (needs update and ask if I still need basic when buying pro one)
- Regenerate Thumbnails (2.3.1) by Alex Mills (Viper007Bond) (redundant? delete and do some checking – it was already deactivated, so I just deleted on 2/22/18)
- Relevanssi (3.6.0) by Mikko Saari
- Simple Calendar (3.1.10) by Simple Calendar (maybe try again? – Nah, wasn’t using, so deleted on 2/22/18)
- Simple Link List Widget (0.3.1) by James Bowles (uninstall – deleted on 2/20/18)
- Simple Social Icons (2.0.1) by Nathan Rice
- Site Icon Pro (1.1.0) by Luca Spiller (my little globe icon)
- SiteOrigin CSS (1.1.5) by SiteOrigin
- Soundcloud is Gold (2.4.3) by Thomas Michalak (I need to check my soundcloud files and test these) This was already deactivated, and I deleted it on 2/22/18 – think it didn’t work when I tried it before.
- SoundCloud Master (5.0.8) by TechGasp – This was already deactivated, and I deleted it on 2/22/18 – think it didn’t work when I tried it before.
- SoundCloud Shortcode (3.0.2) by SoundCloud Inc. (This one IS in use on site. Everywhere old SoundCloud tracks have something like this: soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/215986227″, it is using this plugin to convert to the normal player. NEW tracks I’m adding, though, can use the embed code directly from Soundcloud.)
- TinyMCE Advanced (4.6.3) by Andrew Ozz
- UpdraftPlus – Backup/Restore (22.214.171.124) by UpdraftPlus.Com, DavidAnderson
- Wordfence Security (6.3.19) by Wordfence
- WP-Optimize (2.1.1) by David Anderson, Ruhani Rabin, Team Updraft
- Yoast SEO (5.5.1) by Team Yoast (there, but remove for now. Reinstall if I actually plan to start using it)
Do google analytics page speed
2/20/18: Last 30 Days: Avg. Page Load Time: 3.58 seconds
3/22/18: 4.60 seconds–it went up!
Then redo page speed and see if improvement
Need to look at photos again. Time to get rid of big ones!
Exploring Soundcloud. Which plugins am I actually using to share tracks?
Working one (Skeleton) on blog post:
<p><iframe src=”https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/241121743&color=00aabb&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false” width=”100%” height=”166″ frameborder=”no” scrolling=”no”></iframe></p>
When I go to Soundcloud to the same track (Skeleton) and get embed code, it is:
<iframe width=”100%” height=”166″ scrolling=”no” frameborder=”no” allow=”autoplay” src=”https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/241121743&color=%23647c64&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&show_teaser=true”></iframe>
It works fine and looks the same to user as the 1st one! Hmmm…
Thanks for reading! I love comments and/or shares, because they let me know what you like.