Hello, Kidlitosphere! We’re up to Stop 6 on my Meet My Family blog tour!
Today, thoughtful educator Catherine Flynn is sharing some writing her kindergartners did in response to Meet My Family. Wait until you see the book they made! Catherine is not only a super nice person, but she’s an empowering, passionate educator as well as a wonderful poet herself! I hope you’ll hop on over to her post to read and comment (which enters you in the giveaway to win a signed copy of the book). And share widely with teachers who might like it. Thank you!
And here are the first 5 stops, in case you missed them:
- Student writing (mask/persona poems from the point of view of young animals) with Margaret Simon at Reflections on the Teche
- Friend Friday (sharing my weird childhood that eventually led to Meet My Family) with Kirby Larson
- 3-Question Interview with Melissa Stoller
- Swapping Family Traditions with Linda Mitchell at A Word Edgewise
- Poetry Teaching Tips (video) at One Question with Colby Sharp