Hi, there! I do not do formal, academic book reviews. I do share books I love through my blog and other social media, and when I present to teachers. The types of books I am most passionate about are:
- picture book collections
- novels in verse
- rhyming nonfiction
- picture books
- easy readers
- chapter books
- middle grade books
- any kind, though I especially love very short picture books, dark picture books, and funny picture books
I rarely read and share middle grade novels, YA novels, YA nonfiction, and graphic novels. Some of the ways I share books I really enjoy are through Goodreads ratings, Amazon reviews (many books that I give 4 or 5 stars to in Goodreads, I also review on Amazon), on my blog with poetryactions and bookalikes, on my Pinterest boards of poetryactions and bookalikes, on Twitter, on my Facebook Page, and, most importantly, face-to-face with teachers when I speak at professional conferences and teacher inservices or chat informally with educators. If you would like to send me a book to read and consider sharing, please know that:
- I can not guarantee I will share every book I receive.
- I don’t accept digital review copies of picture books. I love my Kindle for novels, but I need to hold paper copies of illustrated books.
- If I don’t connect with a book, I generally don’t share anything rather than share that I don’t like it.
- Most review copies I receive end up either in my own Little Free Library or in the libraries of schools where I do author visits. Occasionally I do a giveaway on my blog.
- I can’t respond to follow-up emails asking if I’m going to share your book in some way.
If you’re still on board, please shoot me a message. Thanks!