It’s that time of year! The Cybils (Children’s and Young Adult Bloggers Literary Awards)?organizers and panels and judges have been announced! I’m excited to be a first-round judge in the Easy Reader/Early Chapter Book category with a bunch of other very cool folks. What? No poetry, you might be asking? No nonfiction? I know! But here’s why I specifically requested this category.
- I started feeling kind of odd about being a panelist or judge in a category in which I have books eligible in other years.
- I don’t THINK I let the fact that I know many other writers in a category influence my opinions…but I’m not 100% sure.
- I love easy readers and chapter books.
- I want to read more?of them, and I figure what better way to immerse myself in the best of them than by being involved in the Cybils?
- I’m working on some manuscripts in this category, so this will be really fun to me as a reader and beneficial to me as a writer.
On the down side:
- I will miss discussing and debating great poetry books with my wonderful poetry friends! [Can’t wait to see what books they honor this year!]
- I’m feeling a bit left out already.
But I know I’m going to have a great time on my new panel, and I am SO ready to get started. So…start thinking about what books you want to nominate. Nominations open October 1, two weeks from today!