For Classroom Connections Wednesday, I’ve got a sticky note poem inspired by one of my books, Water Can Be… (boatloads of activities on my book page). I used the same phrase construction, called a kenning, that I use a lot in the book.
Thanks for reading, and happy National Poetry Month! And if you ended up here by chance, fantastic! Here are a few links you might find helpful.
- Intro to what I’m doing this National Poetry Month
- ALL the sticky-note poems I’ve written so far
- To see each sticky-note poem as I post it, you can:
- Subscribe to this blog (link in right sidebar) to receive poems in your email
- Follow me on Twitter
- Follow me on Instagram
- Follow me on Facebook
- What is National Poetry Month?
[My Classroom Connections posts share a way to connect one of my books or poems to a classroom topic–often something timely that you might be covering in the next month or so. Please share this post if you have educator friends who might be interested–thanks!]