Happy National Poetry Month 2023! Curious about what I’m doing? Want to play along? Read more here.
[Heads-up: If you’re visiting regularly, please know that the bold, blue text is what I’m writing fresh each day. The black text is the same each day:>) ]
When I saw electric and wax on the spread yesterday, I knew I had to write to hive. And I pictured this humming, buzzing, busy hive–and the words jumped out to build that image. At least sort of! Ha!
There are lots of honey bee books I love–goodness! You Are a Honey Bee, a fabulous new one by Laurie Ann Thompson. Honeybee, by Candace Fleming. Flight of the Honey Bee, by Raymond Huber. Honeybee Rescue and Hive Detectives by Loree Griffin Burns. And more! There are so many truly stunning honey bee books!
What words will we be digging through today?
And here’s the card that we might pull our topic from:
So some possible topics are:
Will you join in? Would love to see what you come up with!
- Intro to what I’m doing this National Poetry Month
- ALL the Digging for Poems drafts I’ve written this month
- If you’d like to see each daily poem as I post it, you can:
- What is National Poetry Month?
- My previous National Poetry Month projects: