Happy National Poetry Month 2023! Curious about what I’m doing? Want to play along? Read more here.
[Heads-up: If you’re visiting regularly, please know that the bold, blue text is what I’m writing fresh each day. The black text is the same each day:>) ]
I am SO loving seeing what y’all come up with! Thanks for sharing your poems with me!
Finally, a topic I can get on board with! I love heart. One of my writing the goals the past few years has been to write with more heart! The poems of Amy Ludwig VanDerwater and Irene Latham come to mind when I think about that. And the nonfiction of Maria Gianferrari.
Also, my dad had a fall a few weeks ago, and it exacerbated his heart problems.
Here’s what I was thinking in these four lines:
- The word “promise” grabbed me in yesterday’s magnetic words. Our heart promises to beat. And it does, until it doesn’t. We take it for granted, as we take so much for granted!
- Our heart is this miraculous organ, and yet–not so attractive.
- The heart can be violent, passionate, uncontrolled, but it can also be a thing of glorious beauty and a gift to others.
- And I have to live my life guided by my heart.
What words will we be digging through today?
And here’s the card that we might pull our topic from:
So some possible topics are:
Will you join in? Would love to see what you come up with!
- Intro to what I’m doing this National Poetry Month
- ALL the Digging for Poems drafts I’ve written this month
- If you’d like to see each daily poem as I post it, you can:
- What is National Poetry Month?
- My previous National Poetry Month projects: